Thursday, January 26, 2012

Petropolis Premium Dark Cerveja Premium - Black Princess 1882



I picked up this fine beverage from a local store called Extra, which has just about everything you could possible want or need from a store.  I think I had been to Extra numerous times before I realized they have good priced specialty beers though.  This little number, the Black Princess 1882, is not what I was expecting from a dark Brazilian beer.  Most dark beers in Brazil are very sweet, almost overly sweet.  Black Princess 1882 does have hint of caramel to open with, but finishes with a very smooth taste.  The overall effect ends up being a full-bodied, well-balanced beverage.   It is nice to know there is a good dark beer made in Brazil that doesn't taste a like dessert.    

KOP Rating - 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment