Monday, October 17, 2011

Backer Cerveja Pilsner

It seems that most of the beer that I have been drinking and enjoying have been some off-shoots of Backer (Tres Lobos) or has been Backer itself.  Well, I decided since this little number has two medals from a 2007 and 2009 Beer Expo and it might also be something to enjoy.  Let me tell you, medals don't make a beer.

Backer Cerveja Pilsner is a crisp blonde ale with a smooth taste, more like a take on a German style pilsner beer, but a little off the mark for me.  It seems to lack much flavor, which is what Brazilians mostly like, so I can understand the medals and all.  For the most part, I am not a fan of the water-down, low fermentation beer that is consumed as a refreshment (isn't that what all the other Brazilian beer is for?).  Maybe it's just a way to get more Brazilians to try microbrews, I don't know.  I can tell you this though, the 600 ml Backer Cerveja Pilsner bottle is better to look at than to drink.

KOP rating 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment