Monday, November 28, 2011

Cerveja Krug Bier Austria Amber


A couple of weeks back, one of my good friends from the US sent me an interesting article called "Beyond Brahma" from allaboutbeer.com. What grabbed my attention the most was a beer I had seen around called Krug Bier.  I know, not the most appealing name.  I'd seen a Krug restaurant in town and had the Krug Austria Pilsner before; however, I did not know the brewery was also located in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais.

I am not the most avid fan of Ambers, but I decided to give it a shot.  It is, as most beers are in Brazil, very malty, yet has a slight bite to it that you normally don't get from Amber beers.  What is also very distinct about this beer is that for a beverage so dark in color, it feels very light.  I am guessing that the malt was toasted, not roasted, somewhat akin to coffee.  Not really my style of beer, but very different than what I thought it would be.

KOP Rating : 5.5/10

Here is the link to the article:  http://allaboutbeer.com/live-beer/travel/featuresa/2011/09/beyond-brahma/

No comments:

Post a Comment